|HOME||CALENDAR||BELL SCHEDULE||TEACHERS AND STAFF||COURSE DESCRIPTIONS & PROMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS||TITLE 1||PTSA|
ALICE VAIL MIDDLE SCHOOL
Achieving Excellence in Academics, Arts, and Athletics
Page was last updated on 06/20/2014
Falcon's Fly High!
GARGANTUAN CONGRATULATIONS are in order for our STUPENDOUS AND AMAZING Alice Vail Middle School Jazz and Symphonic Bands! Both bands earned top awards, and had a wonderful, musically educational experience at the World Strides-Heritage Festival in Anaheim this last weekend. Awards were earned as follows:
· Earned the highest rating of GOLD and First Place out of all JHS concert bands for their performance
· Received a Certificate of Invitation to perform at a World Strides-Heritage Festival of GOLD
· Earned the highest rating of GOLD and First Place out of all JHS jazz bands for their performance
· Received the trophy for Outstanding Band Group of the entire festival (this was over all the high schools)
· Combined scores were the highest of the festival and earned them the trophy for Instrumental Sweepstakes of the entire festival (also over all the high schools)
Mrs. West Acuna:
· Received the coveted Adjudicator Award trophy for excellence in teaching (this is not always given at these festivals)
Outstanding Soloists, aka “Maestro” Awards:
· Lilly Clark – Oboe solo in Symphonic performance
· Alicia Morales – Euphonium solo in Symphonic performance
· Kevin Choi – Bari Sax improvisation solos in Jazz performance
· Received the “Stand Strong” award from Disney, Inc. for persevering in musical excellence even through difficult life circumstances
Vail Celebrates Earth Day
On May 3rd, Students, Teachers, PTSA and members of the local community spent a Saturday morning beautifying Vail's Campus. Special thanks to the congregation of Emmanuel Worship Center for hanging new nets on the 16 basketball rims and providing lunch afterwards.
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to our AMAZING JAZZ FALCONS for their rating of SUPERIOR at the Arizona Band and Orchestra Director’s Association HIGH SCHOOL Area Jazz Festival!!! That is the highest rating you can receive.
Alice Vail Middle School chess team took 1st place the Southern Arizona Chess Association's scholastic league match #3 on Saturday in the K-8 rated division. Geva Ozeri brought home a medallion for winning 3 out of 4 games; Brendan Williams and Antonio Peralta Williams each received a ribbon for winning 2.5 out of 4 games. In the K-6 unrated division, Thomas Galvan also received a ribbon for winning 2.5 games. Congratulations to coach Ken Larsen and the chess team! Geva Ozeri, Brendan Williams, Antonio Peralta, Aaron Hum andJoey Enslen .
Girl's Track Division Champions
Boy's Track 3rd Place Division
Boy's Volleyball 3rd Place in TUSD City Tournament
Girl's Volleyball 3rd Place in TUSD City Tournament
TUSD HONOR BAND
Buy Groceries and Help Vail!
School Year 2014-2015 Registration Dates and Times
6th grade July 23rd 8:30-11:30 and 1:00-3:00 Office will be closed from 11:30-1:00
7th grade July 24th 8:30-12:00 and 2:00-3:00
8th grade July 25th 8:30-12:00 and 2:00-3:00
GATE Gifted and Talented Education
ACT readiness program for 8th Graders
TITLE ONE MATH AND LANGUAGE ARTS TUTORING
Click here for more info and permission slip